Hello-

I've been trying to find out what the requirements are for elementary
school librarians in your state.  I've searched through books and contacted
the state offices of education - but I still haven't gotten a straight answer
--- maybe because there isn't one???

By next May, I'll have an MLS with school media certification and PA teacher
certification.  My question: do school librarians in your state need to have
an MLS and/or teacher certification?  Also, are there any other requirements -
like CPR courses, etc?

I really appreciate your help. I guess you've probably realized that I'm
intending to relocate out west or to NH. If you have any other useful
information - such as information on the job market (nothing specific, yet)
I would be grateful.

Have a great day - Cynthia

Cynthia Cassidy
E-mail: ccassidy@scils.rutgers.edu