Hi Everyone!

Well, I did it!  We've been selected to receive 20 Macintosh IIcis
from Schenectady (NY) (and I didn't have to look it up) General Electric
as they upgrade their computer system.  I haven't had time to do more than
think about it, but I think I'm excited. :-)  I can't say thank you
enough to all who took the time to reply to my requests for advice and
information, first about the Macs, then about ClarisWorks.

I will use our NYS software funds for ClarisWorks 4.0 for all the computers.
There was just enough money, thanks to the reminder from someone whose
name I don't have here in front of me.  There may be a cheaper price some-
where, but the Empire State Group Buy plan--right in my own backyard--is
just right at $31.00 each, no hassle, little paperwork, and bound to be
completed by the June 30 deadline.

Again, thanks to the list, I got enough information about ClarisWorks
Step by Step, and I'll get those books with our textbook orders.  Computer
Literacy Press has a lab pack of 25 titles, plus teacher resources and
manual for $342, as opposed to a single copy price of $17.95.

Of course I still don't have the computers, nor do I know exactly how
I'll set up the lab, but the kids are excited.  Meanwhile donations of
used PCs (286) keep trickling in, and I'm running out of space.  Life is
hard. (8-) (Forgot my glasses before.)

Again, thank you all.

Kathy Hintz                     Hintz@vaxa.sunycgcc.edu
Librarian, Etc
St. Patrick's Academy
Catskill, NY

PS:  Life goes on at the library too, where I'm definitely far behind.
But I think I'll sneak one of those Macs into my workspace--finally a
hard drive!

LM_NET Archive Home