That means no change in the number :P
well, for the Chinese LWC Classification (widely use in HK and Taiwan), they
have a seperated number for HK and Macau. the politiccal change sure cause
changes.

At 02:14 PM 1997/6/2 -0700, you wrote:
>Michael-
>
>Hong Kong is included under the number for China now.  951 is China and
>adjacent areas.  It is divided as follows:
>
>        (Again this is an abreviated listing)
>
>        951.1   Northeastern China
>        951.2   Southeastern China and adjacent areas (including Hong Kong)
>        951.3   Southwestern China
>        951.4   Northwestern China
>        951.5   Tibet Autonomous Region
>        951.6   Sinkiang Uighur Autonomous Region
>        951.7   Mongolia
>        951.8   Manchuria
>        951.9   Korea
>
>This is a much simplified listing, but you can see that Hong Kong is
>included in China.  Its specific number is 951.25.  I don't imagine that it
>will change after July.   -Theo
>Theo Palmer
>District Elementary Librarian
>(909)351-9331
>Alvord USD, Riverside, CA
>tpalmer@alvord.k12.ca.us

michael hung
SKH Bishop Mok Sau Tseng Secondary School Librarian
HK Professional Teachers' Union, Teacher-librarians' Group, Chairman

Jesus Christ, is the same Yesterday and Today and Forever. ~Hebrew 13:8 NIV
Homepage = http://hkein.school.net.hk/~mmhung/
michael email: mmhung@hkein.school.net.hk [or] minhung@vol.net
ida email: idayhchan@valise.com                          ida & michael Hung