Pardon my lack of knowledge and having to bother everyone for an
easy answer.  I need to know the week in November that Children's
Book Week will be this fall.  THANKS.

So for the trouble I will share an easy and fun activity I do every year.
I call it the *Family Read Together Night*.  I bring the best of our
picture books to the gym that night, warm up some cider, play some
George Winston in the background, and families bring blankets and
pillows and "curl up with a good book."  I always get very positive
feedback for the little effort it takes to pull it off.  I display
public library and local bookstore info too - also plenty of free
bookmarks, library/book posters on the walls.  I start saving our
best books a week ahead.  It's easy and fun!

                     Marla Hall   mailto:marla.j.hall@uwrf.edu
                 Malone Elementary School, Prescott Wisconsin
        School homepage:  http://www.pressenter.com/~malone/

LM_NET Archive Home