>As it turns out, the background music is the Dies Irae of Mozart's Requiem
>Mass. And the words of the final blast of music which accompanies "Where
>do you want to go today?" are actually "confutatis maledictis, flammis
>acribus addictis..." In English: "When the damned are confounded, and
>consigned to sharp flames..."; which describes exactly where I want to go
>today.

Perhaps I have seen a different version of this commercial, but the music
is not Mozart, it's from  Carl Orff's Carmina Burana.  My chorus did
selections from the larger work a year ago.  I don't have the translation
with me or in my head, but those aren't the words I remember singing!  Does
anyone know -- are there more versions of the commerical?

(For those of you who don't know, Carmina Burana is a collection of Latin
secular texts set for chorus and orchestra by 20th century German composer
Carl Orff.)

Julie Anderson, Librarian                (206) 813-7301
Kentwood High School                    janderso@kent.wednet.edu
25800 164th Ave SE
Kent, WA  98042                                   I think, therefore I
don't listen to Rush Limbaugh.

LM_NET Archive Home