>I think storytelling is very important in grades K-4.

Don't leave out the older kids!!!! Even if they think they are waaaaaay
toooo coooool for it, they like it.  I have visited middle and high schools
as a storyteller and they loved it as well. Of course, I have different
material for them than the little ones.

 One of the fun thngs I find is that, when I was doing Saturday morning
story hour, the older ones will often bring the little ones to sit and then
hide behind the stacks where they think they cannot be seen to listen as
well! :-)

Slainte! Guam is 15 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time (USA) --
Living' in the future -- ain't Life grand!

T. K. Cassidy -      Soon to be librarian at Finegayan Elementary
                                Home of 1600 adorable little Flying Fish
                                tkc@kuentos.guam.net
                                http://www.guam.net/home/tkc/

Calculated mischief is invigorating ;-)

LM_NET Archive Home