I use Netscape Mail, Eudora Light, Pegasus, and (rarely) Pine for mail.  My
choice is usually Eudora, although Pegasus is a close second.  I suspect
that whatever you feel most comfortable with is bound to be the best choice
personally.

A summary of features I like:

Eudora Light:
  Filtering available--I can send messages to certain folders as they come
in---including the trash!  There is one individual from another list that
automatically gets trashed and I'm much less frustrated!
  Ability to set up lots & lots of folders so I can find saved messages.
  If I have already opened Netscape as my web browser, I can click on any
URL and go to the site.  This is one reason many prefer Netscape Mail, but
Eudora does it just as well (IMHO) as long as I remember to have Netscape
browser open.
  Can set up lots of options such as emptying trash upon exit, opening in
box automatically, rechecking mail etc.  Many of these are available on
Pegasus and Netscape as well.
  Easy to add a signature file. (Remember, LM_Net wants signed mail).

Pegasus:
  Many of the above features are true on Pegasus--though I haven't tried
the URL click.
  Best thing about Pegasus is that it works well for multiple users or
multiple accounts.  I use it when visiting my son--he has my account set up
for one user, and his wife's for another.  That way we don't comingle our
mail.

Netscape:
  Best thing is only having one application open for mail and browsing.  It
also slightly simplifies adding URL's to mail.
  Somewhat more difficult to add/change signature file.

***Biggest Recommendation***

Explore all the features of whatever program you are using.  If you have a
question, ask someone.  LM_netters have a lot of expertise.

Anne C. Oelke  Cambria-Friesland School District
P.O. Box 1000, Cambria, WI. 53923
"Somedays are like that, even in Australia."  Judith Viorst in Alexander
and the Terrible Horrible No-Good Very Bad Day.

LM_NET Archive Home