Group--
        Yesterday I got a call that approval has been given to upgrade my
computerr network--NOW, to be in place when school starts (that part I
won't believe until it happens). Anyway, right now we have a token ring
network, DOS, Novell 3.12 & ICLASS. We have a library server & a CD-Tower
server (it just runs off the library server) and 9 workstations. In
addition to the CD programs (SIRS, Reader's Guide, Americana) we have
Follett's circ. plus & catalog plus. We can pass through to the Curriculum
network where all the student classroom files & applications are.

 Now my question is: What do I want?

        Do we want Windows 95 or Windows NT? Our vendor is recommending
something called Secure 2000 for security purposes--is anyone using it?
Could any of you that are using a Windows based platform tell me briefly
what you use and how happy you are with it?
        I obviously want all my old DOS programs to still work--at least
until they are replaced with newer, better versions.
        CAn I still use my old tower & then attach another one for windows
programs?
        It's awful to know what I want to do, but not know enough tech
stuff to know what it needed to make it all work together.
        Thanks for any helpful ideas you may be willing to share.
Linda

Linda Hill lkhill@mail.isbe.state.il.us
Meridian High School Library
Box 380 728 South Wall Street