---------------------
Forwarded message:
From:   sweet@well.com (Freddy Sweet Ph.D.)
To:     Media Professional@, @
Date: 97-06-20 14:32:07 EDT

Dear Media Professional:

I am sending you this message because I believe you are involved in the
acquisition of educational films and videos for libraries. If, for any
reason, you do not want to hear from me again, please e-mail me
sweet@well.com) and I'll remove your name from my list.

You may be familiar with our award-winning children's educational videos,
such as the acclaimed "Power of Choice," "Big Changes, Big Choices" and
"You Can Choose!" all featuring youth advocate Michael Pritchard. These
programs have been broadcast on PBS and have received rave reviews in
library journals. They have also won many awards including the Parents'
Choice Award. My company distributes these videos to schools and libraries.

Now with the ALA conference approaching, I'd like to tell you about some
new children's video programs that we are offering:

        "PeaceTalks" (for high school kids) is Michael Pritchard's new 10-part
violence prevention video series. (You can save $100 off the series price
with our ALA Show Special. This offer is available to you even if you don't
attend the ALA by calling our toll-free number: (800) 359-KIDS.)

        "Proud To Be Polite" teaches manners to elementary school kids in a fun,
interactive way. School Library Journal, in its current issue, says, "this
extremely well-done, informative, and amusing live-action production
supports and reestablishes the principles of discipline, respect, and
manners in school children leading to lifelong habits."

        The "Not For Sale" video-based learning program gives school-to-work teens
a grounding in real-world business ethics. Set in a fictional department
store, this video and accompanying leader's guide teach skills and values
essential to success in the workplace. In the video the store manager puts
it best when he says, "We're in the business of selling, but our ethics are
NOT FOR SALE."

        "Come See!" is a series of five fun videos that teaches kids (ages 5-12)
about health. Booklist says, "this production mixes excellent information
with some silly stuff to put kids at ease. Intelligent, non-threatening
approach addresses its audience with wisdom, respect and verve. This is
excellent for both public libraries and schools."

        "Chariot Races" explores the experience of downhill wheelchair racer John
Davis and other athletes with disabilities. This inspiring video teaches
all of us that with determination and support anything can be accomplished.
The Video Librarian says, "this film could inspire not only kids with
disabilities but kids in general. Strongly recommended."

If you're coming to San Francisco for the ALA, we invite you to our booth
(#2237 in the South Hall of Moscone Center). Our special guest at our booth
will be Randel McGee, the ventriloquist star of our video series for
elementary school kids, "Prevent Violence With Groark." Randel will
entertain you with his puppet Groark throughout the conference.

For more information about our videos, please visit our Web site. You may
be able to go directly there by clicking here: <http://www.livewiremedia.com>

Or call us at (800) 359-KIDS.

Freddy Sweet, Ph.D.
Live Wire Media