As another possibility:
   Our Reading Club members fill in a small sheet for each book they read.
They give the book a number from one to ten (ten being tops) and write one
or two sentences about the book. The form also indicates if it is fantasy,
horror etc. We tape these orange sheets at the front of the novels and the
other students really appreciate a fellow students' opinion.
    Since the Reading Club "prereads" for us, they also point out books to
us which they feel may be questionable for our collection. ( we are grades
10 to 12 so not a huge problem).

Marta Williamson
Resource Centre Co-ordinator
 Alberni District Secondary School