    I am a 6-12 librarian in a small district.  Last year
    the elementary library position was eliminated and a
    teaching assistant was hired in his place.  I am looking
    for suggestions for the K-5 curriculum.  The assistant has
    been reading books, talking about authors and illustrators,
    alphabetizing and counting with the K-2 level.  Students
    also talk about books they have read.  Grade 3 adds parts
    of a book and encyclopedia research and indexing.  Grade
    4 and 5 add the card catalog.  I quess my question is:
    what are we missing?  Can information retrieval be taught
    at a younger age?  TIA

    Debbie White
    dwhite@waterville-hi.moric.org

LM_NET Archive Home