Hello :)
        The elementary librarians in our district are in the midst of
gathering information about our changing roles -- what they are and what
they should be, especially as they relate to current and evolving
technology.  Of interest to us is what the rest of the world is doing --
and so, a few questions to post with the hopes that I can gather additional
information to share with my colleagues.

        1.  What are your overall responsibilities as they relate to
technology                                                            both
in and out of the library? (Instructional, hardware/software, computer
labs, network, etc.)  To clarify:
                a. Do you maintain a lab, network, server?
                b. Do you install software for and/or provide instruction
to staff as well as students?
                c. Do you troubleshoot computer problems?  Do you fix and /
or refer the problems to another technology person?
                d. Do you use electronic mail, the WWW?  Do you have any
responsibilities involving email or the WWW?
                e. Are you responsible for instruction in a computer lab
setting?  To what extent -- library skills only?

        2.  To how many buildings are you assigned?  How many classrooms
are in each of your assigned buildings?

        3.  How many classes are met with during an average week and for
how long?  Do you have a fixed, flexible, or combination schedule?

       4.  What additional help, if any, do you receive (e.g.
paraprofessional, volunteers)?

        5.  Do you have district librarian meetings?  How often?

        6.  If you have more time and the inclination, what are some of
your other responsibilities as an elementary librarian (instructional and
administrative)?

        I know this is a long request and I truly appreciate any time that
you can give to my questions.  Question #1 regarding technology is the most
critical to us at this moment, so if you have time ... :)

        I will be glad to post a HIT if there is expressed interest in one.

                Many TIA,

                Lynne Verity
                Librarian
                Houserville/Lemont Elementary Schools