On Tuesday I asked if anyone knew what the caribbean foods roti and
talkarie were.  Well, I am overwhelmed with the responses from over 20 of
you wonderful people.  One of you, Claire Simpson, exchanged e-mail with
her son in St. Croix to get me the information.  Thank you. Thank you.
Everyone agrees that roti is an Indian flat bread  and that roti in the
Caribbean means a roti filled with several different types of curry.  I had
just a few explanations of talkarie, including vegetables, gravy, and from
Claire Simpson's son, ground chickpeas that are cooked and mashed and then
mixed with rice and curry.  Sounds delicious.  The question was originally
for a student who wanted to make a food connected with the book she has
read.  Her teacher tells me she is making roti and bringing it in today,
thanks to those of you who sent recipes.

I knew I could count on you.  In my next message, I have another question.
Thanks again.

Marion Solovay                          201-593-3195
Madison Junior School                   board1@soho.ios.com
Madison, NJ 07940

Marion Solovay                          201-593-3195
Madison Junior School                   board1@soho.ios.com
Madison, NJ 07940

LM_NET Archive Home