I got this book as a book fair bonus and just finished it tonight.  It is
one of Paulsen's best.  There is all the charm and delight of childhood as
in Peck's Soup stories with the enough spice to make it interesting to
todays kids.  I delighted in reading about wrestling slippery pigs, peeing
on an electric fence, making enemies of the family horse by firing a shot
gun off between its ears, and trying to make a motorized bicycle.  Make
sure you read this one if you haven't.  I am glad I have two copies.
(157p. 5-6th grade)

Frederick Muller,      Halsted Middle School Library
Librarian              59 Halsted Street          voice (201) 383-7440 x228
fmuller@planet.net     Newton, NJ  07860                 FAX (201) 383-7432

LM_NET Archive Home