We have a clipboard at the circ. desk with a signout sheet.  Students have
to ask for the CD and sign it out---date, time, their name and item name.
When it is returned we just draw a line through the signout.  That works for
us.  We use the same signout for  scissors, tape, markers, rulers etc etc.
--all those things that wander away so easily.  Since we do allow staff
members to take current periodicals to a classroom, they have to sign them
out in the same way. (Students can't take the current issue out of the lib.).

Anne Oelke                                     | "Some days are like that,
acoelke@peoples.net                   |  even in Australia!"
Cambria-Friesland School Dst.  |  Judith Viorst in _Alexander
Cambria, WI                                    | & the Terrible, Horrible,
                                                           | No Good, Very
Bad Day_.

LM_NET Archive Home