Does anyone know the name of the special award that is given to
children's poets and the names of the poets that have received this
award? I remember reading about it and the fact that it is not given
every year. In fact, I think only five or six poets have received the
award. Karla Kuskin was one of the winners, and Shel Silverstein and
Jack Prelutsky had surprisely never received the honor. I am starting
a poetry unit and would like to feature these poets and their works.
Thanks for your help.

Janice Wright, Librarian/Teacher
Midlakes Intermediate School
Clifton Springs, NY