Hi Marge,
  All of our CD-ROMs are behind the circulation desk and entered on our
system. The students check them out to use them in the LMC. They are on one
hour checkout time frame so they go overdue fast. Once the student has an
overdue item, s/he cannot check out any other materials until the overdue
is resolved. So far we have lost only one CD-ROM and that was from a
week-end breakin. We have had CD-ROMs in the LMC for over three years now.
  Hope this helps.
MaryAnn
>Do any of you have stand alone multimedia computers? How do you handle the
>problem of students taking out the CD's and pocketing them? When we had just
>one multimedia computer we lost 2 CDs and now we have 9 new computers. At
>present we are asking students to give us one shoe if they use a CD. They
>really hate that and some refuse to do it. However, how else can we be sure
>the student won't take it, or leave it in the machine for someone else to
>take?
>
>Marge Congress
>La Sierra High School
>Riverside, CA 92505
>909-687-4663 (home) 909 351-9340 (work)

MaryAnn "the librarian" Rizzo

"We need to educate our children for their future and not for our past" A.
C. Clarke

"Keep smiling -- it keeps everyone wondering about you."  M. Rizzo

LM_NET Archive Home