We're previewing SIRS and EBSCO EMAS online until May.  We're also
previewing Encyclopedia Americana online.  We are trying to determine if it
is time to take the next step in information retrieval and go online instead
of using cdroms on our network.  Someone wrote they are not considering SIRS
online because it would tie up web time.  We have a direct line so don't
have to worry about time online since there wouldn't be any difference in a
student tying up a workstation accessing online or using the workstation to
access SIRS by cdrom.
We may go online with only one product at a time.  If you have changed from
SIRS cdrom or EBSCO would you please share your experience?  If you are also
considering changing from networked cds to online subscriptions what other
factors are you considering?
Sharon Slaney
e-mail psslaney@nidlink.com
Lakeland High School