I just typed this to put in our school newsletter.  They are so good I want
to pass them on to you to share with your parents.

WHY READ TO KIDS?
Top Ten Reasons to Read to Your Child (the best I've ever seen!)
1. When you hold them and give them this attention, they know you love them.
2. Reading to your children will encourage them to become readers.
3. Your child will be more successful in school.
4. Children's book illustrations are often marvelous, encouraging a
life-long interest in art.
5. Books are a way of passing good values and beliefs on to our children.
6. Until they learn to read themselves, they will think you are magic!
7. Every teacher your child ever encounters will thank and bless you.
8. Children's books today are so good that they're fun for adults too.
9. You give and receive a gift of comfort, relaxation and closeness.
10. If you read to your kids, maybe afterward they'll even let you read in
peace.
          From the Santa Clara Reading Council newsletter, Santa Clara, CA.

Laurie Carter- Librarian                        3195 Woodside Rd.
Woodside Elementary School                      Woodside, CA 94062
                    lcarter@woodside.K12.ca.us
           "A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose."

LM_NET Archive Home