I am writing to remind librarians in the DC area about Net Day, April 19th,
1997.  It's important that school libraries be at the center of the push
toward technology.

Net Day is being organized by Tech Corps-DC, a volunteer not-for-profit
organization that works to better integrate the use of technology in the
District's classrooms and
curricula.

NetDay volunteers will be helping wire Washington area schools for the
Internet.  To register or find out more see http://www.tcdc.org/netday or
call 202-628-TECH.

Last October, over a thousand people volunteered their time to pull wire in
40 District schools.  Saturday, April 19th we will do it again.  The goal is
to wire at least five classrooms and a library or a computer lab in all
public, private and alternative K-12 schools in the National Capital area
over the next year.

     Visit http://www.tcdc.org/netday or call 202-628-TECH to volunteer or
find out more.

Or write or call me-- I'll be happy to tell you more.

 Faith Williams, librarian at St. Anselm's Abbey School, 4501 S. Dakota Ave.,
NW, Wash. DC 20017-2795  Tel 202-269-2362   Faithw@cais.com or fmwill@aol.com

LM_NET Archive Home