Date: Thu, 23 Jan 97 11:18:20 MST
From: Kevin_Shaw@mail.fws.gov
To: bhamilt@tenet.edu
Subject: Request for the Endangered and Threatened Species List

     Dear Ms. Hamilton:

     Thank you for your interest in America's Wildlife!

     We regret to inform you that at this time we have no hard copies of
     the List of Threatened and Endangered Species, and do not expect a new
     shipment for another 90 days.  However, if you have internet access,
     you may download the list in many different formats from our homepage
     at http://www.fws.gov - this will be you to the Fish and Wildlfie
     Service's general information and welcome page.  Click on "nationwide
     activities" and you will be linked to a menu of program information.
     Then simply scroll down and select "Endangered Species" from the list
     of contents.

     The list is updated and posted here every month.  For
     each species in the index, a separate species profile is available
     that gives information about range, date of listing, critical habitat,
     special rules, Federal Register citations, and availability of
     approved recovery plans.

     You may also send email to R9IRMLIB@fws.gov - type 'send ES
     instructions' on the Subject line to receive a list of the retrieval
     commands for the available information.

     We hope this helps!  Try contacting us in about 90 days if you would
     still like a 'regular' printed copy.

     Thank you again!
     U.S. FWS Publications Unit.

                                .----.
Betty Hamilton, LRS             |    |                701 Cub Drive
bhamilt@tenet.edu           ____|*    ~~~~~~.         Brownfield TX 79316
Brownfield High School      \               |         (806) 637-4523
                                  \     {
                                    \  }
                                      ~

LM_NET Archive Home