About playtime: the library is where kids who can't participate in P.E.
because of illness or injury are sent. Should I let them play solitaire,
other games, or draw on the computer while they are there for their P.E.
period? I have begun insisting on a note (from *anybody*: parent,
teacher, coach, nurse, administrators, office staff) verifying their need
to be there so I don't wind up with every kid in school coming into the
library in lieu of going to P.E., but should I restrict their activities
while there? Maybe I could have them do calisthentics or isometric exercises?
They can't stay in the classroom *of course* because that would
inconvenience the teacher who *has* to have his/her break! Meanwhile, I'm
in my second month of babysitting one kid (who makes me a little crazy to
start with because she's a clinger) and really have trouble being
gracious about it. So, Dear Abbys, what should I do?
VGV@LBJ, Anonymous, TX (hey! it's a big state and there are *lots* of
schools named LBJ here:))

LM_NET Archive Home