        Sorry it took so long to get this "hit" on the LM_Net.  Of the
thirteen people who said they had Columbia Granger's World of Poetry, all
were enthusiastic, though a couple said the user interface was not that
friendly.  Also mentioned was the need to have the anthologies available -
another possible cost.  However, it is possible to annotate the CD to
indicate which anthologies are in your library.  One person suggested that
the cost of the CD-ROM was not worth the infrequent use in a small library
and she preferred the Roth  product, World Best Poetry On CD, which has the
full text of about 20,000 poems (twice the number that Granger's has).
Reps from both companies replied to me as well.

        What I have decided is to get the Roth CD on trial.  A neighboring
(and very cooperative) middle school already owns the Columbia Granger's
CD, so I will test it out in their library.  At the moment, I am leaning
towards the Roth CD, knowing that I have easy access by phone, e-mail and
fax to the other if I truly need to "borrow" it.

        Thanks for all the helpful replies.  What a wonderful group we are!

LM_NET Archive Home