A teacher in my school has requested some help from me (and consequently
from you!) for her sister-in-law in California, who is a special needs
teacher in an impoverished community that is nearly all Mexican-American,
in an urban but agricultural area (her words), where the students tend
toward gang memberships and such.  Their chronological ages are 6th
grade through 10th, and their reading levels are K-8.  The school is
"loaded" with technology, but there are virtually (no pun intended!) NO
books to be had.  She is looking for stories, history series, any kinds of
sources for Mexican-American students.  Any suggestions? Thanks in advance;
and  write to ME :  bstine@mecn.mass.edu

LM_NET Archive Home