Hey, I apologize.  I was in such a hurry to get that sent off, that I didn't
go cut and paste the ones I'd found last year.  So, here are some additions.
Sorry for the inconvenience that may be caused by not having them on one
post!  I added them on at the end of this list, so you could delete the

http://www.atlapedia.com/online/contents.htm
http://met-www.cit.cornell.edu/climate/Summary_Ann-95.html - annual state
temperature averages
http://155.187.10.12/flags/flags.html
http://city.net/countries/united_states/
http://met-www.cit.cornell.edu/other_rcc.html

Here's an address that I used last year.  This year, my computer can't go to
it.  I keep getting a Java Script error message telling me I don't have
enough memory.  (I try not to take that personally - I know my memory isn't
what it used to be, but I don't need a computer to tell me that!!)  Anyway,
I am trying this on an older 486, so maybe if you have something with more
memory you can get to it:

UNITED STATES - http://206.74.57.36/geography/usa/page00.HTM
        Now, since I couldn't go to it, I couldn't cut and paste that
address.  If you don't get it, try changing that page00 (using zeros) to
pageOO (using the letter O).  This site has lots about geography, tourist
info, and lots of other stuff I couldn't get to see because as soon as I got
to it, I got that memory message and couldn't see what was under it!  I
noticed a link to "States".

        Previously posted message:

Thanks so MUCH for all your help with URLs which have information on the
states!  The following addresses will lead you to information on all 50
states and DC and some Puerto Rico.

http://www.vote-smart.org/state/sindex.html
http://www.yahoo.com/government/u_s__states/index.html
ftp://fermi.jhuapl.edu/www/states/
http://scvol.com/States/main.htm
http://rampages.onramp.net/~jtcreate/state.htm
http://www.vcommunity.com/usa/stateswww.html
http://phoenix.ans.se/freeweb/holly/state.html
http://usacitylink.com//default.html
http://www.globalcomputing.com/states.html
http://www.vcommunity.com/usa/usa.html

This address will take you to each state's home page.  All you have to do is
change the abbreviation.  This one, for example, will take you to the
Arkansas homepage:

        http://www.state.ar.us/

Hope these help you guys as much as it looks like it will help us!  There
are so many choices, I don't know how we'll have time to use all them.

           Suby Wallace                         email:  swallace@nic.crsc.k12.ar.us
           Nettleton Intermediate Center        fax:  501-930-3930
                 (5-6 grades)                   phone:  501-932-5650
           3801 Vera                               (area code changing to 870 in
           Jonesboro, AR 72401                          April)

LM_NET Archive Home