I am a virtual member of YALSA's outstanding books for the college bound.  I
notice that few other members are school librarians, and so I would love to
have suggestions from you.  IMPORTANT -- please don't answer right away
(unless you're sending to me at the CAIS address).  I'm about to go out of
town until late Friday -- I'll post this again next week before I go to AASL
in Portland.  I don't want my AOL mailbox to overflow.

Areas where I think the most recent list needs ideas :  conflict resolution,
economics, poetry.  Then a whole bunch of new books have come out since the
last one.  We aim at classic works but ones that kids (and adults returning
to college) will read independently with pleasure.  Over the years, the
committee has kept adding and subtracting.

TIA,
 Faith Williams, librarian at St. Anselm's Abbey School, 4501 S. Dakota Ave.,
NW, Wash. DC 20017-2795  Tel 202-269-2362   Faithw@cais.com or fmwill@aol.com
  If possible, please send to my CAIS address.  I can't post from there
because of all the spamming.  I would rather hear from you at aol than not at
all.

LM_NET Archive Home