>On Thu, 20 Mar 1997, Bill Sears wrote:
>
>> a test we have to teach students how to use an obsolete soruce.  Am I
>> all wet?  Is my thinking wrong?  We have to teach students for their
>> future not our nostolgic past.  Someone out there help me understand why
>> we have to use scarce resources to by obsolete Guides.

SuperTom, EBSCO, etc. on databases/online are wonderful when you have enough
computer workstations to go around.  Students tend to find more sources
using electronics than print.  *However* in a school of nearly 1,000
students, this library currently has one PC capable of elect. periodicals
index.  At least the print sources allow for multiple use, though I admit I
will probably suspend print subsc. once we have enough terminals for all to
have access.  Historical use of indexes are a legitimate reason for keeping
print RG's, but reality dictates $$ must be used in the areas where the most
students will benefit.  J'aime Foust, Queensbury HS, Queensbury, NY.

LM_NET Archive Home