I had good fun with the date due cards.
This works if you are still putting pre-stamped date due cards in the
pockets of your sign-outs.

I generally prestamp the date due cards in black ink.  On April 1 I take
the prestamped cards which read---in black ink----due "April 15", and I add
a red ink stamp under it that reads, "April 1".
When the more perceptive kids are worried that they have to bring them back
the day they borrow them, I say April Fool and then reassure that only the
black date counts.  This year I think I'll do a teaser over the loud
speaker that there is a special April Fool joke that kids can enjoy if they
borrow a book.

Joan

Joan Kimball (jkim@borg.com)
Clinton, NY