I sent this information to several people individually at their request.
However, so many requests have been made that I decided to post it to the
list as I am leaving tomorrow to attend AASL in Portland.

Linda French, please pass this information on to Vickie Custis.  TIA.

The article about block scheduling was published in the February 26, 1997,
issue of "What Works in Teaching and Learning," a publication which prior to
this issue was known as "Report on Education Research."  It is published by
Capitol Publications, Inc. of Alexandria, Virginia:

CPI
Suite 444
1101 King Street
Alexandria, Virginia 22314
703/683-4100

It is a rather expensive subscription--$277 per year as I recall.  My
library does not subscribe, but I get it from our district's professional
library on rotation.  I have read it for years and always find something
useful in it.

Some of the web sites listed in the article are:
AASA Front Burner Issues _ http://www.aasa.org/block.htm
Center for Applied Research and Educational Improvement -
        http://carei.coled.umn.edu/BlockScheduling/BSMAIN.HTM
Center for School Improvement, Palm Beach County Schools -
        http://www.palmbeach.k12.fl.us/9058/blksched.html
Roy J. Wasson High School Block Scheduling -
        http://www.classroom.net/classweb/myhome.html

I hope this helps.

Mary Ellen Scribner, Librarian                  512 464-4033
Westwood High School, Round Rock ISD            512 464-4020 (FAX)
12400 Mellow Meadow Dr.                         scribner@tenet.edu
Austin, TX 78750-1824

LM_NET Archive Home