Thought I'd share a wonderful experience.  I recently completed a novel study
with a Gr. 4 class - Stone Fox by John Reynolds Gardiner.  The students wrote
sequels and a couple were outstanding so we emailed them to the author
along with some questions and comments.

Mr. Gardiner responded most graciously - answering each student's query
and complimenting the budding young authors.  The novel touched these
young readers but they will never forget the wonderful author who wrote it.

There is a made for tv movie starring Buddy Ebsen which is almost as good
as the book and it was filmed here in Edmonton!

http://www.harpercollins.com/kids/stonefox.htm

Victoria Pearse
Teacher Librarian
Brookside Elementary School