Well, I've got a great suggestion for those of you who have been saying you
have old encyclopedias you don't know what to do with!

I had to decorate some tables today for a National Music Week program and
reception.  I loaded a set of World Books in my car, took them to the
church, stacked them on tables in piles of different levels, turned at
angles, draped them with colorful cloth, put flowers and little figures on
them, and VOILA!  A display fit for the pages of Southern Living.  I want
you to know, it was T.H.E. hit.

You know, if you kept them in your trunk, you'd have them whenever you
needed them.  And, they'd be good traction in the snow, too.

And, yes, I also have boxes of old catalog cards in my workroom cabinets.  I
just hate to throw anything useful away.  I'll bet we could compile a great
hit for uses for old encyclopedias and catalog cards, just like we did with
the "you can tell I'm a librarian because..."  I know you guys already have
lots of creative uses!

Forgive me, y'all.  I guess I've been so busy lately I'm just getting giddy.
:)  :)  ):  Have a great week!

Suby Weston Wallace
Nettleton Intermediate Center  (grades 5-6)
3801 Vera
Jonesboro, AR   72401   swallace@nic.crsc.k12.ar.us
870-932-5650     fax 870-930-3930

LM_NET Archive Home