Hello All,

We are discussing getting serious about keyboarding at the elementary
level.  It is now taught in the ninth grade.  We are looking for help
in identifying what you feel is the most appropriate grade for
keyboarding instruction.

Would you please respond to me concerning the following questions:

1.  What elementary grade do you find it appropriate?  Do you revisit
a second year, third for further instruction?

2.  How long is spent on instruction--minutes, times, weeks, total?

3.  Who teaches it?  Qualifications?

4.  What hardware is used?  portable keyboards, Typewrites (sp),
AlphaSmart Pro, regular computers?

5.  What software is used, if any?

6.  What curriculum package is used, if any?

Please respond if you are for or against--we would like to hear both
sides.  Thank you in advance.

Rhonella Brelinski
brelinsk@scnc.csd.k12.mi.us
Columbia School District