What is yur feelings on Laser discs?  (post to net for discussion, please)
   I have been told that the technology is already outdated because
of the advent of CD-ROMs.  Yet, I am told that our new social studies
teacher texts will be accompanied by a laser disc.  One teacher has
requested we purchse more discs.
   Our building situation is that each classroom has a computer
that connects to the district wide network where several CDs are
on the network...Few teachers actually have a CD drive available.
Each grade level has access to 2 laser disc players (shared by
4-5 classrooms per grade level).  My budget is VERY SMALL for AV.
   Are you still investing in laser discs?  Do you recommend
investing in this form of technology?

Mary Ludwick, MLS         Ludwick@tenet.edu
Librarian, B. B. Owen Elementary (grades K-5) A Blue Ribbon School
The Colony, Tx.   (about 30 miles north of Dallas, Texas)

LM_NET Archive Home