Dear LM_NET colleagues,
Two comments to the group recently indicate continuing interest in the
Weed of the Month project. One asked for a rationale, and one asked for

When you visit the Weed of the Month Web pages, under This Month's
Topic: Africa you will see a rationale (Why Weed Africa) as well as
specific criteria for weeding, suggested Dewey numbers to check and
specific titles to consider for weeding and collection development.  We
hope this is helpful, and would be pleased to include comments from
lm_netters.  (We will always ask you for permission to quote).

The previous topics for Native Americans and Space & Astronomy are found
by scrolling down the menu frame on the left of the page.  Rationales
and comments are included.

Note that the November topic, as announced to lm_net this week, is
Europe.  The web pages are a compilation of comments, suggested titles,
and so on from the previous month's topic, Africa.  This is done
deliberately so we can include the collective wisdom of our lm_net
colleagues.  Please share with lm_net the titles on Europe you find to
weed, as well as wonderful new materials that you recommend.  These will
then be added to the Europe web pages posted on 1 December.
--
Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be
chewed--Francis Bacon...and some should just be weeded!--Linda Miller

Carol McWilliams
mcwillia_c@popmail.firn.edu
Assistant director, SUNLINK
Florida's K-12 Library Union Database
http://www.sunlink.ucf.edu

 listserv@listserv.syr.edu              In the message write EITHER
 1)  SIGNOFF LM_NET  2)  SET LM_NET NOMAIL  or 3)  SET LM_NET DIGEST
 For more help see LM_NET On The Web:  http://ericir.syr.edu/lm_net/