This hit is in response to the following target which I sent last week:

Can anyone recommend some good web sites, appropriate for 5th and 6th
graders, that have anything and everything related to Egypt, past and/or
present?

A huge thank you to everyone who sent suggestions!!!

You may wish to look at my travelogue and photojournal of egypt, jordan
and israel:     http://edweb.gsn.org/mideast
I don't know how useful it would be in the classroom, but it might provide
some insight on a westerner's perspective of modern egypt..=20
Andy Carvin                      andy@gsn.org =20

You are welcome to check out my website for ancient civilizations.  Although
not specifically Egypt, there are some links.
http://www.concord.k12.nh.us/schools/rundlett/library/ancient.html
Nancy Keane             email: nancy.keane@rundlett.concord.k12.nh.us

Frighteningly enough, the CIA has a good web-site on reasonably current=20
information about countries all over the world.  Take a look at the World=20
Fact Book at http://www.odci.gov/cia/publications/nsolo/wfb-all.htm.
Lincoln Newey <lnewey@companioncorp.com>

Hi ... I would suggest that you troll for Egypt links at:
http://www.julen.net/aw/meta/
This is "The Ancient World Web Meta Index," and is a wonderful starting
point for any online inquiry into things ancient.=20
From: Ken Umbach <kumbach@unlimited.net>

Try:    http://www.wcsu.k12.vt.us/~wardsboro/ancient.htm
Dale Copps, dcopps@wcsu.k12.vt.us

Our website has some Ancient History links including to Egypt. Go to
http://www.microfusion.com.au then to LINKS. From there go to Social Studies
and select History. Within the History page you will find links to Ancient
History sites.
Rhonda Bracey           Customer Support Manager        rhonda@microfusion.com.au

You might check our server for a webquest on Egypt done by graduate
students from Indiana University last summer
www.plainfield.k12.in.us/hschool/webquest.htm
Jackie Carrigan

Ones I've used with 6th are:
http://www.idsc.gov.eg/tourism
go to the Cairo Cafe and transform your name into hieroglyphics or play
with a puzzle of an ancient building=20
http://www.pantheon.org/mythica/areas
for Egyptian Mythology and Folklore
http://pharos.bu.edu/Egypt/Wonders
for the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.
The index to LM_NET discussions will have the latest links to individual
country sites.
Kris Bergh, M.L.S.      kbergh@global2000.net

Most of these are museums.  Last time I looked, they all had great
info.  I also have other resources (books, cd-rom's, etc.) if you would
like!
=95     University of Chicago, Oriental Institute
http://www-oi.uchicago.edu/OI/default.html
=95     The University of Memphis, The Institute of Egyptian Art and
Archeology
http://www.memst.edu/egypt/main.html
=95     Your name in hieroglyphs
http://weblifac.ens-cachan.fr/Portraits/S.ROSMORDUC/nomhiero.html
=95     Diogenes
http://www.snider.net/lyceum/
=95     Diogenes Links to the Ancient World
http://links.tne.net:8001/home/dio/diopage.html
=95     Kelsey Museum of Archeology
http://classics.lsa.umich.edu/Kelsey/Outreach.html
=95     KMT -- A Modern Journal of Ancient Egypt
http://www.sirius.com/~reeder/kmt.html
Sandy Musil     SMusil@LL.net

Try the SCORE web site for History/Social studies (located at
http//www.rims.k12.ca.us/SCORE/) Select search by grade level. Choose 6th
grade (since that is the 6th grade curriculum here in Calif.). Under the
Egypt section, select resources.  Here you will find a list of web sites
that have been screened and approved by a panel of teachers and historical
experts.        From: Jamie Boston <jamieb@dcn.davis.ca.us>

For Ancient Egypt, try
http://historychannel.com/historychannel/histlist/
Click on Ancient History/Antiquity/Medieval or
http://www2.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/nova/pyramid/explore
        Mary Frances McLaughlin sg935427@post.drexel.edu

This website has a terrific list of activities for the book The Egypt Game
and a list of websites to coincide.
http://www.sdcoe.k12.ca.us/score/egyp/egyptg.html
Lyn Crawford            Bill7728@aol.com

I've been looking for Egypt for bright 5th graders. We start with=20
archaeology so here's what I have to share:
archaeology
 htt://www.memst.edu/egypt/map.htm
http://www.interlog.com/~jabram/elise/archnet.htm
   http://www.lib.uconn.edu:80/ArchNet/News/SearchEng.html
   http://www.culture.fr/culture/arcnat/chauvet/en/gvpda-d.htm
   http://spirit.lib.uconn.edu/ArchNet/ArchNet.html
   http://www.civilization.ca/membrs/archaeo/paleofig/pal00eng.html
   http://www.lib.uconn.edu:80/ArchNet/ArchNet.html
   http://www.interlog.com/~jabram/elise/teacher.htm
Paula Brown, Librarian
pbrown@erols.com

This site is purely for fun, you type in your name phonetically, and it
shows you the hieroglyphic response. I tried to check it's current status,
and for some reason Netscape is not cooperating with me today!
http://khety.iut.univ-paris8.fr/~rosmord/nomhiero.html
Julia S. Sandlin
Again, thank you to everyone who contributed!!
Cathie Bashaw, LMS
cathie@wizvax.net
Seymour Smith Elementary
Pine Plains, NY

 listserv@listserv.syr.edu              In the message write EITHER
 1)  SIGNOFF LM_NET  2)  SET LM_NET NOMAIL  or 3)  SET LM_NET DIGEST
 For more help see LM_NET On The Web:  http://ericir.syr.edu/lm_net/