In our new networked computer lab, we have 11 Macintosh model 5500/225
Power PC computers. All computers were set-up on the network with At Ease
version 4.  In the various workgroups we had set up icons for Clarisworks,
Hyperstudio and Netscape.  No problem!  Within several weeks of setting up
everything, the Netscape icons on one computer started disappearing.  At
first it was just one or two, then several reappeared, then they all
disappeared.  We have manually put them back into the various workgroups
manually by creating alias icons and dragging them into place and removing
the alias part of the name.  This worked once then these too disappeared.
We have contacted Apple and they have suggested rebuilding the desktop,
reinstalling the system software, etc. and nothing has helped.  A week and
a half ago, we upgraded to version 5 of At ease and hoped this might solve
the problem, but it did not.  After spending hours on this problem, our
tech coordinator and myself are ready to pull our hair out.  Has anyone
run into a similar problem with this model computer?  Or any Apple
computer?  Any thoughts on how to solve this short of calling in someone
from Apple which is our only alternative at this time?  TIA for your help.

Richard Brulotte
L.M.C. Director
Hayes High School
289 Euclid Avenue
Delaware, OH  43015
phone:  614-369-7656   ext. 4014
fax:  614-369-4069
e-mail:  DICK_B@treca.ohio.gov

 listserv@listserv.syr.edu              In the message write EITHER
 1)  SIGNOFF LM_NET  2)  SET LM_NET NOMAIL  or 3)  SET LM_NET DIGEST
 For more help see LM_NET On The Web:  http://ericir.syr.edu/lm_net/