Hello, Dear Friends of LM_Net!

At 10 PM PT last evening, the brandnew, kid-friendly Read In! website was
launched<http://www.readin.org>...Please visit us! We are proud of the new
look and feel...It goes hand-in-hand with our expanding focus!

Registrations for the annual event, Thursday (to accommodate our friends
overseas), May 13, 1999 are now open.

We are still formalizing our author list, but so far, we have the followin=
GREAT authors onboard: =A0

Avi, Bruce Balan, Judy Blume, Karleen Bradford, Jan Brett, Fred Bowen, Dav=
id
Boyd, Ed Emberley, Virginia Hamilton, Daniel Hayes, Jackie French Koller,
Mercer Mayer, James Moloney, Evelyn Clarke Mott, R. L. Stine, and Jane
Yolen---with six others who are checking schedules and book tours...the li=
st
will expand quickly!  In an effort to offer differing authors each year, w=
are very pleased to include Fred Bowen, Jan Brett, and Mercer Mayer as new
participating authors!

Register early and signup for the newly created Read In! listserv, which w=
ill
be "read only" to offer monthly updates.
*************
BRANDNEW!  Our FIRST Read In! Special Event!! Stine Manor, October 14, 199=
8!!

In an effort to expand the scope and breadth of the annual Read In!, we ar=
going to begin offering monthly special events using brandnew, exciting Pa=
lace
software technology.  These events are limited to a total of 1,000
connections, far less than those of the annual event...but will feature
authors, environmentalists, explorers, a space shuttle astronaut, and we w=
ill
even have digital art classes and HyperStudio classes online...GREAT thing=
are happening!

If you are interested, this will be strictly on a first come, first serve
basis:
The Stine Manor event will, of course, feature R.L. Stine and will be
October 14, 1998! In less than four hours, we already have 75 of the 1,000
connections taken!

Remember, as always, these events are totally free and are moderated and
monitored to the best of our ability!

Join us! This new technology is exciting and FUN!

Jane ;-)
TheReadIn@aol.com
Founder/Program Director
The Read In!/The Read In Foundation to Encourage Literacy
http://www.readin.org

                                                                   =A0

          =A0

To quit LM_NET (or set-reset NOMAIL or DIGEST), Send email to