Happy with it - yes.  Expensive when you need a
service call.  Only time we've needed a service
call was when we bought a new photocopy machine
what was near it.  Also, one time the custodians changed the
lights above it to a different type, and we had to have
it adjusted.
---
We just put in two new systems a year ago in our new middle schools.  3M
has never gotten one of them up and running yet.  That's very
frustrating.
---
We have had a 3M system for 9 years and are extremely disappointed.  It
NEVER worked properly.  Our salesman was very unco-operative ( he since
retired).  We tried in vain to get satisfaction but there were always
excuses (the lights interfere, the steel framed doors interfere, the
computers interfere)  I do have to accept part of the blame as we didn't
pursue it continuously.  There were just so many other things to do.
Last year we did inventory for the first time in five years and found
1,000 books missing in a collection of 14,000.  I would definitely not
recommend 3M.  (If you have a rep come out, please show him this
message)
---
We have had a 3M system (grades 10 - 12 , 1200 students ) for 20 years.
It
worked faultlessly until we started to place computers near it a few
years
ago. We are renovating our library and purchasing a new 3M system since
they have solved the computer proximity problem. We are very happy with
the
system ( I like it better than Checkpoint. Had it at a junior high and
found it cumbersome and problematic ). I am not expecting to need a lot
of
support once it is installed. (didn't in the past) but you can purchase
package.

Thanks, everybody!
Nancy Bentley
LMS/CIT