Hi,
When our school Quick Take digital camera needed repair my my first
approach was to talk with the Apple support folks by phone.  I explained
the little rubber button used to empty the trash (dump pictures) was stuck
down inside the case. In order to prevent acidental trashing of pictures
it is constructed so it must be pushed with an implement such as a paper
clip or pen point not your finger. They offered to repair it for me at a
cost comparable to purchasing a new camera.  Didn't matter what the problem
was, cost was $120 labor and $230 for parts plus shipping etc.  Eventually I
got the name of a local Apple dealer and over vacation took it to them.
Reaction was we do not work on Quick Take cameras period!  I figured I
had nothing to loose, as I couldn't use it the way it was, so I removed
the logical screw and popped off the section of the cover to discover all
I had to do was poke the little rubber piece back into place through the
hole in the case; put the case back together and replace the screw.  Took
all of five minutes and the camera works fine. Perhaps someone else is or will
be faced with this same problem. Thought it might be worth sharing what
worked for me and saved me big bucks as well.

Ellen