Hello Netters!
        We have a problem in our county that I would like to ask everyone
about. To give you some background, our county school system has had a
Media Supervisor since the 1970s. In the last 11 years our supervisor was
someone who was over the media programs and instructional technology as it
blossomed in our county. She retired last June as well as our
Superintendent. In July, the county advertised for a Director of Media and
Instructional Technology then the advertisement was withdrawn. Our new
Superintendent was promoted from within the county office staff and is a
very good person. When he took over, the County Commisioners required that
he have a manpower study done. The study took until January.  Now the
county is advertising for a Direcotr of Instructional Technology only.  The
requirements state that the person should be trained in technology and
should have a Masters in a "related" field. No mention is made of a Library
Science degree and duties listed being in charge of all technology but
again no mention of media programs. We are stunned as the wind seems to say
that the media programs will be placed under the umbrella of the K-12
curriculum coordinator who, while a wonderful person, knows little about
the Media Centers, though she believes strongly that we are the hub of the
school. We are listing our concerns to be turned over to the Assistant
Superintendent in  charge of Curriculum as she seems to be the person to
contact. What do you think? Is this a trend? Does anyone have any
doumentation that would help us in our search either for a Director of Ins.
Tech. who has Library Science or a seperate Media Supervisor of our own?
Let me know what you think.

Thank you,
Carolyn Dietz
reeds@infoave.net

Reeds Elementary School
791 S. NC Hwy 150
Lexington, NC, 27295

email: reeds@infoave.net
Subject: C. Dietz

listserv@listserv.syr.edu In the message write EITHER
    NOTE: Please allow time for confirmation from Listserv.
For more help see LM_NET On The Web: http://ericir.syr.edu/lm_net/