Good afternoon from sunny Florida!

The SUNLINK staff would like to thank all the lm_netters who have sent
so many positive comments and suggestions to our Weed of the Month site.

http://www.sunlink.ucf.edu/weed/

One question seems to pop up regularly so we thought it might be of
interest to the whole group.  That question is: how about  including
grade levels in the "consider adding titles like these..." section?

Unfortunately, that is really beyond the scope of our project.  We
really  are here to build a union catalog of K-12 library holdings for
Florida's public schools, but do Weed of the Month as a service  and a
labor of love.  We do not have access to the materials in  the database,
so both the titles to think about adding and to  think about deleting
are derived from the bibliographic record  alone....It is important to
note they are merely SUGGESTIONS  and EXAMPLES, neither is a
comprehensive list.

As for grade level, we recommend people check the bibliographic  record
in SUNLINK.  Many do include grade level, and all  include holding
statements, so if it is owned primarily by  elementary schools, it would
be fair to guess it was an  elementary title, etc.

Happy Weeding!

SUNLINK staff
sunlink@mail.firn.edu
Florida's K-12 Library Union Database
http://www.sunlink.ucf.edu

listserv@listserv.syr.edu In the message write EITHER
    NOTE: Please allow time for confirmation from Listserv.
For more help see LM_NET On The Web: http://ericir.syr.edu/lm_net/