Our school has a personal harassment policy which is pretty close to the
usual sexual harassment policy, but it is applied to harassment based on
other personal matters such as ethnicity and religion, as well as to sexual
harassment.  Our Assistant Principal wants students who are disciplined for
harassment to research the subject and write a paper on it, especially
emphasizing the consequences of harassment in the work place, i.e., a
worker can lose a job for such conduct.  Does any one have any suggestions
for books or other sources that would clearly present that point for middle
schoolers or high schoolers?

I am a former lawyer so I have plenty of materials on the legal aspects but
those emphasize litigation and we do not want to suggest to the students
that they can avoid the consequences for years by litigating.  My
experience in working with employers was that they would prefer to
terminate rank and file problem employees rather than defend their conduct
in the courts.  I'm hoping to find materials that will describe the
employers' points of view.

Thanks for any recommendations you can offer.

Paula Keefe, Librarian
Wilton-Lyndeborough Cooperative
Junior-Senior High School
Wilton, NH, USA
wlc@jlc.net

listserv@listserv.syr.edu In the message write EITHER
    NOTE: Please allow time for confirmation from Listserv.
For more help see LM_NET On The Web: http://ericir.syr.edu/lm_net/