I recall reading somewhere that school librarians are "sneaky teachers",
therefore, libraries are "sneaky classrooms"!
It is true though, that  some teachers are often uncomfortable with the idea
that we might be delivering lessons, as well as performing more traditional
library duties, but as I see it, we're all in the business of educating
pupils.  I teach Information Skills in the Library Resource Centre and use
video, overhead projectors, worksheets, etc.  It makes sense to get the
materials you need to provide a learning environment.  As well as pupils
being taught in the LRC,  we also have meetings for staff  - the same
equipment comes in handy there too.  As far as I see it, the library is an
extension to the classroom, in that learning takes place here too.  I hate
the idea of being seen as a completely separate department - I'm a whole
school resource, which means I like to provide continuity between the
classroom and the library.

To make a long reply short (too late!), if you think you'll be undertaking
teaching activities, get all the necessary stuff!

Carol Macdonald, Librarian
Airdrie Academy, Airdrie, Scotland
airacad1@rmplc.co.uk