Hi everyone:
Before you go off on vacation I thought I would ask for expertise and
help on the above project.

I have been asked to come up with a configuration for video editing
equipment and software.  There will be an elective in video making
for 18 students who will need access to cameras and other equipment
to produce videos.  I was thinking of beginning with 2 multimedia
computers loaded with Miro DC30+ software, a large screen (17" at
least), external microphones, external storage units (as small videos
segments take up a large amount of room on a hard drive) and also the
possibility of recording at some point to a CD(DVD) rather than a
videotape.  My question about this part is how much does this
technology cost right now and would it be better to stay with
producing on videotape until costs come down?  As far as digital
video cameras are concerned does anyone know if it is possible to
take footage from a digital camera, edit on the computer and then
output to a videotape without problems as far as picture/sound
quality?  Or is this not a problem.  I was looking at the cost of
digital video cameras and the most recommended one is Canon at
$4,000+.  Is anyone out there using this brand?

Any help with this would be appreciated.  I need to have something in
by June 12th.

Thanks again and have a good holiday.

Maria Fox-Meehan
Librarian