Dear LM_Netters --

Here are the helpful answers I received in response to my question about =
standard supply lists for new libraries.  Thanks again for taking the =
time to offer your suggestions!

Estelle Oyler, LMS
Longleaf Elementary
Melbourne, FL
oyler@yourlink.net

Lots of Scotch brand 845 book tape in various widths (Demco usually =
sends
out a sale brochure around end of Aug/beginning of Sept and the prices =
are
pretty good.  Tape dispensers with lead-weight bases also.
-------------
A few basics that are often overlooked until you need to reach for them:

Staplers....scissors and such
Address labels for either typewriter or computer printer
Spine labels for either typewriter or computer printer
Blank videotape cassettes (we use 30, 60, 90 and 120)
Blank audio cassette tapes
Blank computer diskettes
Printer ribbons
Manila folders for files
A few binders w/ clear plastic fronts & spines to put in your own =
labeling
Clear plastic sheet protectors
Liquid Whiteout
Yellow (or other color) Highighters
A couple of electrical outlet strips can be useful
Do you use the plastic covers for new periodicals?
Plastic covers for av equipment (vcr's, overheads, comuters)
Projection lamps for equipment (or does you av dept. do that?)
Bookmarks and stickers if you use those for incentives (Upstart, Demco,
Childrens Book Council)
Lots of magic markers, crayons, colored pencils and construction paper
We use various rolls of gift wrapping paper for buletin board =
backgrounds
(quick, seasonal and easy)

These are some items off the top of my head that I just finished =
ordering
for next year....good luck...a new school library sounds like an =
adventure!!
A standard list of supplies is a great idea. Are you automated?  My =
supply list changed quite a bit when we automated.