Steve, just go ahead and throw out those ideas. We'll discuss them.
<grin>  What you see is LM_NET operating on many tracks. There are
serious questions and humor and off the wall comments being made
simultaneously. The humorous threads usually have a short life span,
but some of them have been hiliarious. There has been a serious side
to the Dewey/Man discussion that I hope you didn't miss.

As you follow LM_NET, I think you'll find friends and colleagues here
that you couldn't have found before. And, if you go to conferences,
you'll actually have a chance to put names to faces.  Many of us have
been on this list for 3 or 4 years, some since the beginning. If we
use a 'chatty' 'voice', it's because we feel we are writing to
friends.

As for reading the postings, LM_NET **is** a high volume list. Many
of us have devised ways of quickly scanning the messages, instead of
reading each one. Try the un-digested form for a bit, you may find it
easier to deal with than the digest.

Dan Robinson
Indexing Services
H.W. Wilson Company
Bronx, NY
drobinson@hwwilson.com

On  4 Mar 98 at 12:29, High Commander wrote:

> Earlier this month, when someone informed me of the existence of LM_NET,
> I thought, "What a great idea!  Finally a place where I can go and
> exchange ideas with other erudite folk."  Imagine my disappointment as I
> find such a chat-room-like attitude among so many for so long.  I AM
> depressed.
>
> Maybe it's just because I get these postings in digest form, but I can't
> help but feel cheated.  It appears that while I barely have time to read
> these postings, others have, what was that term again?  Oh yes. . . .
> LEISURE time!
>
> sjp
>
> (And BTW, in response to an earlier posting, you can call me WO-man
> anytime you'd like.  Trust me; I've been called MUCH worse!  :-)
> --
> Steve Peterson
> Library/Media-Technical Support Co=F6rdinator
> E. M. Cope Middle School
> 1000 W. Cypress Avenue
> Redlands, CA 92373
> 909 307 5420 x 344
> sjp@eee.org or steve_peterson@redlands.k12.ca.us

listserv@listserv.syr.edu In the message write EITHER
    NOTE: Please allow time for confirmation from Listserv.
For more help see LM_NET On The Web: http://ericir.syr.edu/lm_net/