      Is your school district a member of the "Big 9' in Central Washington
State?  The elementary librarians in Wenatchee would greatly appreciate
some feedback on student report cards from your elementary school
librarians.  Since our administration compares MOST things to other Big 9
schools when making major decisions, you may be able to provide us with
some useful feedback.
      Since a recent change in administration and collective bargainibg
strategy, the elementary libraries have been required to provide additional
prep time for classroom teachers.  We had been moving toward collaborative
teaching/planning and more flexible schedules.  The previous admin had
supported the collaborative efforts, so it's an abrupt about face for us.
      In addition, we've been asked to provide input to the new report card
committee.  Actuallly, the impression is that they will truly listen to our
input, so we want to make it valuable.  What do we need from you?
Feedback...statistics...methods.
1.  Do the elementary librarians provide prep time?
2.  If so, do they give SEPARATE library grades for report cards.
3.  If so, how do they manage the "grading".  Or do they collaborate with
teachers in any way to give assessment for information skills that meet
state EALRs?

We greatly appreciate the time and effort you take for feedback.  We'd also
appreciate feedback from other elementary schools in Washington.

Jeanne Barnes
John Newbery Elementary
Wenatchee, WA
jbarnes@internet.wsd.wednet.edu