Subj:   flag sources
Date:   98-03-26 20:23:34 EST
From:   CTlipz01
To:     CTlipz01

Got several requests for hits..so here goes.... my thanks to all that
responded!!!

Original Question--Does anyone know of a source for small, inexpensive flags
from different countries? I have a plastic banner-type, but I would like some
individual
fabric (cotton?) ones to put on top of bookcases from as many countries as I
can locate.

Sources of flags...

Hi! Try Alamo Flag Company. I don't have a catalog at hand, but I bet they
advertise on the web. They have stores in places like Inner Harbor in
Boston, Jackson Square in New Orleans, and a big market/mall in New York
City, whose name I've forgotten. I believe their flags are nylon or a
similar synthetic. HTH
I found a set a a local company that makes flags.  You might see if
there's one in your area.
There is a store here in Columbus called The Flag Lady.  It is on High
Street.  If you can't find the phone number, let me know and I'll dig it
up.  The flag lady has little ones to huge ones, all different countries.
She also has small wooden stands that hold 1, 2 or 3 small flags.
I researched this several months ago, and found that the most reasonably
priced source was Flags International, Inc.  The URL is
http://flagsinternational.com/ FlagsOfTheWorldDirectory.html.  Check out
the site, and see if it is what you're looking for.  Good luck.
Try Liberty Flag & Speciality Co., E7556 Hwy 33 East, PO Box 424,
Reedsburg, WI  53959.  1-800-274-7001.  I haven't ordered from them, but
have seen a catalog.
BUSINESSES FOUND ON THE NET:
From:   flags@anyflag.com (American Flag and Gift)
To:     CTlipz01@aol.com (CTlipz01)

Dear Nadine,
        We have 4x6" flags mounted on a 10" staff for all the countrys of
the world. They cost $2.00 ea or $1.75
ea for a dozen or more. If you go to www.anyflag.com/country.htm you can see
some of our country flags.  Thanks
From:   paraco@hancock.net (Heritage Flag & Supply)
Dear Nadine,

We carry small flags sizes starting at 4" x 6" - these flags would be ideal
for your purposes. We extend discounts for orders over 12 miniature flags.
(per dozen)

4" x 6" Miniature Flags of the world :
$ 2.50 each .
$ 1.50 each if purchased per dozen (one country)

Complete set of U.N Flags -
185 Nations:
$ 238.00

These prices do not include bases or shipping charges.

Thank you for the opportunity to quote prices for miniature flags.
Mark Paradis
        info@flagemporium.com (christopher prete)
Nadine,
Thanks for the inquiry. We have a full stock of 4"x6" mini-flags
mounted on 10" plastic staffs. Single and multiple plastic bases
are also stocked. Flag prices are $1.96 for most.
A few complicated or unusual ones are $3 ea.
e-mail, Call 888-438-3524 PST or fax 708-996-8171
Provide a list of flags desired. VISA/MC accepted.
Chris - web admin - flagemporium
From:   signs@flagsamerica.com (Mark Azza)
Thank you for visiting our web site.  We have small 4"x6" world, states
and historical flags.  Each flag is $2.50 but would be discounted based
on quantity ordered.  We also have a number of decals for the more
popular states and countries for $1.25 each.  These are approximately
3"x5".
Shipping & handling is additional and is based on quantity ordered but
would propably be under $10.00.  We accept all major credit cards.

Please call 800-643-8642 for additional assistance.  Thank you and have
a great day!!
(I went to ...www.askjeeves.com and got a huge listing of companies...

AND FINALLY... (my favorite)
Suggestion:
Have students engage in a writing lesson by writing to the various
embassies in Wash. D.C. for a small flag.

Hope this info is as helpful to you as it is for me!!!

Nadine Lipman, School Librarian
CTlipz01@aol.com
Cohanzie School
Waterford, CT