Hello everyone ...

An example of one of the major drawbacks for all this privacy stuff on our own
listserv is that I wanted to ask this person his or her definition of SDI without
having to respond to the entire listserv and wasting the time and space of those
who know what it is ... and I do not mean to imply that the person who wrote this
response is in any way at fault for the current situation.

Strange how in our concern to keep individuals contented, we aggravate the whole!

Sorry, y'all ... would the person in Illinois who sent this message in as a
response please tell me what SDI is ... I know what it really means, I'm curious
about the librarianship definition...  thanks ...  You may send your response
directly to me if your desire.

>From Illinois:

>My best advice/method would be--don't wait for them to come to you!  I

>tend to practice unsolicited SDI--I am familiar with the curriculum

>and "favorite units" of teachers and I always point out new resources

>to them--whether it be a new reference book, web site, PBS program,

>etc.  I find that even if they have "passed" the unit for this year,

>they will look to using the resource in the future.  Then, the next

>time they are looking for info. for a new unit, they will think of me.

> And keep working on them--I am very pleased to have a couple teachers

>who "never" bring classes to the IMC decide to come in for just one

>project.  Word-of-mouth travels fast!

Aloha y'all. . .

        Earl J. Moniz ( http://www.moniz.org )

                WebComposer, LifeLong Learner, and Librarian

                        earlj@moniz.org OR emoniz@nccu.edu

.

just doing the best I can with what I have from where I am. . ."

Fayetteville, North Carolina

</center>