Dear Colleagues,

Last year I copied a website from this listserv on which students
reviewed/recommended book to other students. That site has closed and I
wonder if any of you know of any such sites. Not book reviews by adults,
book reviews by kids!

I am going to attempt to run a promotion from the library and, trading
heavily on my birthright to miracles, with the help of the Eng. dept.
This promotion is asking students to submit titles of books that they
have enjoyed to be included on the summer reading list. In the event
that I don't get alot of response, I would like to have a resource as a
back up. We, of course, "reserve the right...etc." on student entries.

Each title,author,name of student, and reason for recommending the book
will be submitted on a 3x5 card.  Each "valid" card submitted is a
chance towards a $10 gift certificate to a local Barnes & Noble.

We'll see what we get and it would be awfully helpful to have a source
for other recommendations.  I don't want to be trying to pull this off
myself at what is already the last minute.

TIA
Julie
--
Julie Hulten
East Haven High School / Library and Instructional Resource Center